Please return to lost and found: public safety - The Nation, March 24, 2007
...On an emotional note, there has not been a single word of apology from the coach company. To take a cue from previous cases, the operator will be allowed to run buses on the same routes pretty soon despite a one-week ban for now.
Even if the operator's licence is revoked, how can the authorities guarantee that a new operator will abide by the rules that are never respected nor feared in the first place?
The call for more stringent measures will fall, once again, on deaf ears. Just like the recycling of Thai lakorn (soap opera) plots, this whole vicious cycle will repeat itself when a tragic accident takes place in the future...
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Domino fell the wrong way
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military