On July 1, 1978, the rail link between Songkhla and Hat Yai was abandoned. Today, the tracks are completely overgrown and the bridges rusted out. Just before the line reaches the outskirts of Hat Yai, it is obliterated by new development and disappears entirely. However, the route is still printed on most maps. Photos below of the tracks are from June 2002 and July 2003.
Also: The Songkhla train station
Right: A sole remaining rusted sign along the tracks--the Thai character wahwan
- Weekly News Magazines: Long Live the King, July-August, 2018
- Weekly News Magazines: Raising Chickens for the Military, July, 2018
- Defecting from Thaksin
- Instead of cutting, try sucking!
- Cables Detail C.I.A. Waterboarding at Secret Thai Prison
- Withdraw from the deep south!
- Political parties in a coma
- Top Red Shirts join with the military
- Chinese cartoonist
- They messed up the country
- The burning parties