On July 1, 1978, the rail link between Songkhla and Hat Yai was abandoned. Today, the tracks are completely overgrown and the bridges rusted out. Just before the line reaches the outskirts of Hat Yai, it is obliterated by new development and disappears entirely. However, the route is still printed on most maps. Photos below of the tracks are from June 2002 and July 2003.
Also: The Songkhla train station
Right: A sole remaining rusted sign along the tracks--the Thai character wahwan
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!
- Put in a basket and wash
- Danger for the junta