On July 1, 1978, the rail link between Songkhla and Hat Yai was abandoned. Today, the tracks are completely overgrown and the bridges rusted out. Just before the line reaches the outskirts of Hat Yai, it is obliterated by new development and disappears entirely. However, the route is still printed on most maps. Photos below of the tracks are from June 2002 and July 2003.
Also: The Songkhla train station
Right: A sole remaining rusted sign along the tracks--the Thai character wahwan
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- The rich man is not full yet
- Is it right for Thais?
- Move to the Jurassic era
- Political vacuum cleaners
- Weekly News Magazine: Getting Ready for the Political Future, April, 2018
- Fertilizing the junta party with crap of the past
- Old allies, new allies