On July 1, 1978, the rail link between Songkhla and Hat Yai was abandoned. Today, the tracks are completely overgrown and the bridges rusted out. Just before the line reaches the outskirts of Hat Yai, it is obliterated by new development and disappears entirely. However, the route is still printed on most maps. Photos below of the tracks are from June 2002 and July 2003.
Also: The Songkhla train station
Right: A sole remaining rusted sign along the tracks--the Thai character wahwan
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: From Rooster to Dog
- Wrong purse
- Final blow
- Thaksin shifts puppets
- Weekly News Magazines: Clever, Cautious, Creative in Democracy, January, 2018