A visit to the old Erawan Hotel - September 3, 2005
Long a Bangkok landmark, the old Erawan Hotel stood at the corner of Rajaprasong intersection. It was built in 1956 and torn down in 1987. A new highrise hotel was built in its place.
Unless otherwise noted, the receipts and images on this page are from a brochure, circa 1963.
Ratchaprasong intersection over time - June 22, 2006
More on the Crucible of Construction
Another hotel from days gone by: Siam Intercontinental Hotel
(Photo: Undated postcard from the 2Bangkok.com collection)
Above: This is the existing shrine that stands at Rajaprasong intersection
Also: Destruction of the Phra Prom statue
Below: The Shrine today. Note the new Erawan Hotel/Shopping Center behind it.
(Photo: Undated postcard)
(Image: Advertisement from Siam Directory, 1963-1964)
- Bloody October 2008
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- Political parties in a coma
- The burning parties
- They messed up the country
- Should they still fight for Thaksin?
- A tale of two newspapers: New cabinet member a savvy or unethical move?
- Jatuporn’s back
- Turn the ship around
- Whatever he defecates… it is sacred