A visit to the old Erawan Hotel - September 3, 2005
Long a Bangkok landmark, the old Erawan Hotel stood at the corner of Rajaprasong intersection. It was built in 1956 and torn down in 1987. A new highrise hotel was built in its place.
Unless otherwise noted, the receipts and images on this page are from a brochure, circa 1963.
Ratchaprasong intersection over time - June 22, 2006
More on the Crucible of Construction
Another hotel from days gone by: Siam Intercontinental Hotel
(Photo: Undated postcard from the 2Bangkok.com collection)
Above: This is the existing shrine that stands at Rajaprasong intersection
Also: Destruction of the Phra Prom statue
Below: The Shrine today. Note the new Erawan Hotel/Shopping Center behind it.
(Photo: Undated postcard)
(Image: Advertisement from Siam Directory, 1963-1964)
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- Student Hero
- A young girl does a better job than the PM
- Who will come crawling?
- Anti-rabies GT 200
- Talking to the snake
- The rich man is not full yet
- Red Shirt and Black Panther
- RIP “Rong” Narong Prapasanobol, cartoonist