A visit to the old Erawan Hotel - September 3, 2005
Long a Bangkok landmark, the old Erawan Hotel stood at the corner of Rajaprasong intersection. It was built in 1956 and torn down in 1987. A new highrise hotel was built in its place.
Unless otherwise noted, the receipts and images on this page are from a brochure, circa 1963.
Ratchaprasong intersection over time - June 22, 2006
More on the Crucible of Construction
Another hotel from days gone by: Siam Intercontinental Hotel
(Photo: Undated postcard from the 2Bangkok.com collection)
Above: This is the existing shrine that stands at Rajaprasong intersection
Also: Destruction of the Phra Prom statue
Below: The Shrine today. Note the new Erawan Hotel/Shopping Center behind it.
(Photo: Undated postcard)
(Image: Advertisement from Siam Directory, 1963-1964)
- Weekly News Magazines: What Happened to Joke, April, 2019
- Election Commission Dye Service
- Thanathorn’s foreign parents
- Weekly News Magazines: Restrict Abolish Eliminate Thanathorn, April, 2019
- Proof of authoritarianism
- Feeling pity for Hulk and Wonder Woman
- Waiting for a miracle to operate on arms and legs
- Price for the whole group of cobra politicians
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- They did not violate the law
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context