A visit to the old Erawan Hotel - September 3, 2005
Long a Bangkok landmark, the old Erawan Hotel stood at the corner of Rajaprasong intersection. It was built in 1956 and torn down in 1987. A new highrise hotel was built in its place.
Unless otherwise noted, the receipts and images on this page are from a brochure, circa 1963.
Ratchaprasong intersection over time - June 22, 2006
More on the Crucible of Construction
Another hotel from days gone by: Siam Intercontinental Hotel
(Photo: Undated postcard from the 2Bangkok.com collection)
Above: This is the existing shrine that stands at Rajaprasong intersection
Also: Destruction of the Phra Prom statue
Below: The Shrine today. Note the new Erawan Hotel/Shopping Center behind it.
(Photo: Undated postcard)
(Image: Advertisement from Siam Directory, 1963-1964)
- Beijing treads carefully when scions of Thai political dynasty arrive in China in search of their roots
- It’s only about Thaksin
- Both hand out money for votes
- China supports the junta?
- Pro-Junta groups and the pro-democratic groups
- Weekly News Magazines: Bike for Love and Warmth, December, 2018
- Weekly News Magazines: All about politics, December, 2018
- Forget the Old Past Party
- Abandoning their ideology and betraying the people
- Pheu Thai’s heart
- Weekly News Magazines: Election Delay, January, 2019