A visit to the old Erawan Hotel - September 3, 2005
Long a Bangkok landmark, the old Erawan Hotel stood at the corner of Rajaprasong intersection. It was built in 1956 and torn down in 1987. A new highrise hotel was built in its place.
Unless otherwise noted, the receipts and images on this page are from a brochure, circa 1963.
Ratchaprasong intersection over time - June 22, 2006
More on the Crucible of Construction
Another hotel from days gone by: Siam Intercontinental Hotel
(Photo: Undated postcard from the 2Bangkok.com collection)
Above: This is the existing shrine that stands at Rajaprasong intersection
Also: Destruction of the Phra Prom statue
Below: The Shrine today. Note the new Erawan Hotel/Shopping Center behind it.
(Photo: Undated postcard)
(Image: Advertisement from Siam Directory, 1963-1964)
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- Weekly News Magazines: the junta’s political party, October, 2018
- One lotus is above the water
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Mark sinking
- Rutting Dogs/Rutting Politicians
- There was a bribe too
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals