Bang Pa-in Station Pavilion

Bang Pa-in Station Pavilion - August 19, 2005
Nils reports: One of the oldest rail structures in Thailand... text below from a memorial plaque at the site: "Bang Pa-in Station Pavilion is the first special station built by order of King Rama 5 as his rest pavilion on his journey to Bang Pain Palace. The pavilion was built entirely of teakwood in western style architecture, above doors and windows,
stained-glass panels from Italy were used for decoration. When the first railroad of Thailand (Bangkok-Nakhon Ratchasima) was completed up to Ayutthaya, the King had presided over the official ceremony on Commencement of Thai Railway Service and the opening ceremony of the Bang Pa-in Station Pavilion on 26th March 1896."


(Photo: Nils)


(Photo: Nils)


(Photo: Nils)

Right: Present day Bang Pa-in Station.

(Photo: Nils)
This entry was posted in Thai Railroads. Bookmark the permalink.