From May 21, 1989: King Bhumibol’s Reign
…In an age when monarchs elsewhere serve a ceremonial rather than a political function, King Bhumibol is a crucial stabilizing and unifying force. He has helped his 55 million people weather decades of crises, including a Communist insurgency, the rapid industrialization of recent years and a series of military coups engineered by a powerful army that has dominated if not run every Government in Thailand for more than 50 years…
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- It’s a charade
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- America first… World last
- The outrageous denial
- Police stealing the work of the gods
- Who controls the pipe bomber?
- More on police buying their promtions
- Abhisit for leader!