2 Thai prisoners get royal pardon after being jailed for defaming monarchy – AP, August 24, 2012
…Warawut was convicted of insulting the monarchy during a 2010 speech, while Suriyan was convicted of calling in a bomb threat to the hospital where ailing King Bhumibol Adulyadej has stayed since 2009.
The two were sentenced last year to three-year jail terms in two separate cases of lese majeste, the crime of insulting Thailand’s royal family…
- Thai government responds to Washington Post article about Thai abuse of Burmese in the shrimp industry
- Same cartoon idea from both pro- & anti-Thaksin cartoonists
- Siamese Priest, Pricipal Gate of Wat Cheng, 1899
- Milling Ghosts Entering Parliament
- More Thai editorial cartoons featuring President Obama
- Nine Years Ago Today: The Enforced Disappearance of Somchai
- Thai Ratings Raised by Fitch on Yingluck Stability
- Thaksin’s “Electric Pole” Candidate Laid to Rest
- The execution of the Mekong River pirate: What really happened between Chinese & Thai authorities?
- The violent farang mafia that run Thailand’s flourishing boiler room scams and sex industry
- No ridicule or satire please: Governor candidates warned to use social media carefully