2 Thai prisoners get royal pardon after being jailed for defaming monarchy – AP, August 24, 2012
…Warawut was convicted of insulting the monarchy during a 2010 speech, while Suriyan was convicted of calling in a bomb threat to the hospital where ailing King Bhumibol Adulyadej has stayed since 2009.
The two were sentenced last year to three-year jail terms in two separate cases of lese majeste, the crime of insulting Thailand’s royal family…
- 25 Years Ago: Black May
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- 6 Years Ago: Thaksin to return by year’s end to resume the war on drugs
- 16 years ago: Thaksin’s strange start as prime minister – Finding a gold hoard
- From 2009: The collapse of the first Red Shirt siege of Bangkok
- Thai Editorial Cartoons on the Stolen Plaque
- The Secret Submarine: News Magazines, April-May, 2017
- What do these bombs mean?
- Locking the Media: Weekly News Magazines, May, 2017
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings