2 Thai prisoners get royal pardon after being jailed for defaming monarchy – AP, August 24, 2012
…Warawut was convicted of insulting the monarchy during a 2010 speech, while Suriyan was convicted of calling in a bomb threat to the hospital where ailing King Bhumibol Adulyadej has stayed since 2009.
The two were sentenced last year to three-year jail terms in two separate cases of lese majeste, the crime of insulting Thailand’s royal family…
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- Dangerous Voting
- It’s a charade
- America first… World last
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- Police stealing the work of the gods
- The outrageous denial
- Who controls the pipe bomber?
- Abhisit for leader!
- More on police buying their promtions