2 Thai prisoners get royal pardon after being jailed for defaming monarchy – AP, August 24, 2012
…Warawut was convicted of insulting the monarchy during a 2010 speech, while Suriyan was convicted of calling in a bomb threat to the hospital where ailing King Bhumibol Adulyadej has stayed since 2009.
The two were sentenced last year to three-year jail terms in two separate cases of lese majeste, the crime of insulting Thailand’s royal family…
- 12 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing anger and boldness
- Analysis: Mother’s Day Bombings
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin Escapes Assassination Attempt
- 13 Years Ago: Debating the Sukhothai Stone
- Analysis: Thailand’s Half Democracy
- 12 years ago: Going after Akeyuth
- 13 years ago: Mad scramble as Thai police fight for 10 million dollar reward for capturing top al-Qaeda figure
- 3 Years Ago: Pheu Thai Tries Its Own Reform Council
- Raise the flag!
- Prayuth and his elders
- Which charter do the people really want?