2 Thai prisoners get royal pardon after being jailed for defaming monarchy – AP, August 24, 2012
…Warawut was convicted of insulting the monarchy during a 2010 speech, while Suriyan was convicted of calling in a bomb threat to the hospital where ailing King Bhumibol Adulyadej has stayed since 2009.
The two were sentenced last year to three-year jail terms in two separate cases of lese majeste, the crime of insulting Thailand’s royal family…
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally