17,000 Saudis visit Thailand despite ban – Gulf News, September 2, 2013
…Saudi Arabia imposed the ban following the “blue diamond” affair of 1989 when a Thai national broke into the palace of a Saudi prince and stole close to 100kg of jewellery, including a fabulous blue diamond.
Soon afterwards, three Saudi diplomats in Bangkok were shot execution-style in two different attacks on the same night, and two days later, a Saudi businessman was killed…
- Thai government responds to Washington Post article about Thai abuse of Burmese in the shrimp industry
- Same cartoon idea from both pro- & anti-Thaksin cartoonists
- Siamese Priest, Pricipal Gate of Wat Cheng, 1899
- Milling Ghosts Entering Parliament
- More Thai editorial cartoons featuring President Obama
- 1932: “Siamese skyline”
- Thai Ratings Raised by Fitch on Yingluck Stability
- Nine Years Ago Today: The Enforced Disappearance of Somchai
- Thaksin’s “Electric Pole” Candidate Laid to Rest
- No ridicule or satire please: Governor candidates warned to use social media carefully
- The execution of the Mekong River pirate: What really happened between Chinese & Thai authorities?