Weird article - June 19, 2007
From Sense taps new BTS link: ...The entrance to the soi was colourless, save for an unshaven man who was
lying on the kerb. Motorcycle taxi drivers chatted, ignoring him altogether.
One assumes he must have been breathing, or some effort would have been made
to remove the body.
But the sight of drunks lying in a stupor are not exclusive to Soi 68, as
they can be found in just about every Bangkok soi. In most cases such
nuisances would be carried off to avoid offending tourists and more civil
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally
- Sudarat is finished