Thaksin's foundation - November 18, 2008
Thaksin's Building a Better Future Foundation has gone online. There is practically no content except a letter from Thaksin and news that four projects are being considered. The domain was registered just 13 days ago. That was the same week during which Thaksin's UK visas were revoked (confirmed by UK authorities on November 8). Rolling out the site quickly with little content also indicates a desire to get in front of negative news about the visa revocations, the divorce news and Thaksin being "on the run" and "looking for a country."
Building a Better Future Foundation appears seems to be run by Hong Kong marketing company Upstream Asia and registered by Alex Trup (Alex's blog with an interesting note about possible Marlboro sponsorship of school uniforms in China).
Created On:06-Nov-2008 14:31:14 UTC
Expiration Date:06-Nov-2009 14:31:14 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Omnis Network LLC (R101-LROR)
Registrant Name:Alex Trup
Registrant Street1:26/F, 46 Lyndhurst Terrace, Central
Registrant City:Hong Kong
Registrant Postal Code:HK
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Right: An earlier organization set up by Thaksin lobbyists: USA for Innovation
- Thai government responds to Washington Post article about Thai abuse of Burmese in the shrimp industry
- Milling Ghosts Entering Parliament
- Same cartoon idea from both pro- & anti-Thaksin cartoonists
- Siamese Priest, Pricipal Gate of Wat Cheng, 1899
- More Thai editorial cartoons featuring President Obama
- Nine Years Ago Today: The Enforced Disappearance of Somchai
- Thai Ratings Raised by Fitch on Yingluck Stability
- Thaksin’s “Electric Pole” Candidate Laid to Rest
- The violent farang mafia that run Thailand’s flourishing boiler room scams and sex industry
- The execution of the Mekong River pirate: What really happened between Chinese & Thai authorities?
- No ridicule or satire please: Governor candidates warned to use social media carefully