Thaksin's foundation - November 18, 2008
Thaksin's Building a Better Future Foundation has gone online. There is practically no content except a letter from Thaksin and news that four projects are being considered. The domain was registered just 13 days ago. That was the same week during which Thaksin's UK visas were revoked (confirmed by UK authorities on November 8). Rolling out the site quickly with little content also indicates a desire to get in front of negative news about the visa revocations, the divorce news and Thaksin being "on the run" and "looking for a country."
Building a Better Future Foundation appears seems to be run by Hong Kong marketing company Upstream Asia and registered by Alex Trup (Alex's blog with an interesting note about possible Marlboro sponsorship of school uniforms in China).
Created On:06-Nov-2008 14:31:14 UTC
Expiration Date:06-Nov-2009 14:31:14 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Omnis Network LLC (R101-LROR)
Registrant Name:Alex Trup
Registrant Street1:26/F, 46 Lyndhurst Terrace, Central
Registrant City:Hong Kong
Registrant Postal Code:HK
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:[email protected]
Right: An earlier organization set up by Thaksin lobbyists: USA for Innovation
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- What do these bombs mean?
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- 28 years ago: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Can we get rid of the U.S. ambassador?
- Thailand can learn from Myanmar!
- Police for police reform
- Is the junta preparing for Thaksin?
- Dangerous Voting