Protest at the Burmese Embassy - October 5, 2007
These are photos from a protest on the narrow sidewalk in front of the Burmese Embassy on Sathorn Road in Bangkok. Groups that organized the demonstration include the pro-Thaksin United Front of Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD). Below a Japanese reporter stands in front of a photo of the photographer slain in Yangon last week.
A YouTube clip of the protest is here.
- The Wheel Begins to Turn: Weekly Rallies and Disapproving Academics
- The Hopewell Project
- ‘White Mask’ Guards Seen Trying To Hit Red Shirts With Iron Bars
- Thaksin Wants to Know Who Burned Central World
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Thailand’s boom: To the northeast, the spoils
- Thai govt finally revealing huge losses incurred by rice pledging scheme-why not reveal who received the payments?
- A Thai family’s desperate search for their missing daughter
- Ladyboys versus All Blacks: is this the world’s weirdest sport?
- Durian McFlurry at McDonald’s Singapore
- Do police in charge of Akeyuth investigation really owe allegiance to Thaksin?