Protest at the Burmese Embassy - October 5, 2007
These are photos from a protest on the narrow sidewalk in front of the Burmese Embassy on Sathorn Road in Bangkok. Groups that organized the demonstration include the pro-Thaksin United Front of Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD). Below a Japanese reporter stands in front of a photo of the photographer slain in Yangon last week.
A YouTube clip of the protest is here.
- 24 Years Ago: Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Chakri Memorial Day
- 6 Years Ago: When the Red Shirts Accepted an Offer of New Elections & Announced an End to Their Rally
- 12 Years Ago: Thaksin’s Lucky Son Wins Subway Deal
- 15 Years Ago: Thaksin’s Quest for Gold
- Happy Songkran
- Remembering the Thaksin Years: Cleaning Things Up
- Cambodia, Malaysia, and Thailand in the Panama Papers (Thus Far)
- Songkran 2009: Red Shirts overrun ASEAN venue, take govt hostages in Bangkok
- Remembering Banharn