Protest at the Burmese Embassy - October 5, 2007
These are photos from a protest on the narrow sidewalk in front of the Burmese Embassy on Sathorn Road in Bangkok. Groups that organized the demonstration include the pro-Thaksin United Front of Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD). Below a Japanese reporter stands in front of a photo of the photographer slain in Yangon last week.
A YouTube clip of the protest is here.
- Thai government responds to Washington Post article about Thai abuse of Burmese in the shrimp industry
- Milling Ghosts Entering Parliament
- Vietnam, Thailand & Cambodia urged to stop using vague concepts such as "national security", "sovereignty" or "lèse-majesté" to intimidate & harass dissent
- Yingluck Billboard
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Directions to Bangkok's 24-hour casinos
- UK scientist who accused Thai govt official of plagiarism has reported receiving death & kidnap threats
- Thai Govt should cease pressuring the Central Bank – Rate cuts "futile and misguided"
- The Wheel Begins to Turn: Weekly Rallies and Disapproving Academics
- China dashes Thai hopes of cutting huge rice stockpile
- Bagan denied “world heritage” designation over the army building faux-historic pagodas to earn merit