Above: The banner reads: 30 years of October 6 rights, freedom, and democracy acquired by fighting
October 6 banners at Thammasat University - October 7, 2006
These are banners on the Thammasat University athletic field to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the events of October 6. For some this year there is a sense of strange irony that students, as well as the public, are cheering the overthrow of an elected government by the military.
Above: Association present-day problems in the south with the overall struggle for rights. The banner reads: No justice, no peace - Somchai Nilapaijit Kruse, Jaroen Wataksorn - Takbai, kidnap, killing
Above: The banner reads: 30 years after 6 October - People protect democracy, wipe out Thai politicians, overthrow the damned government, create the new society, justice, peace, freedom
Above: One of the iconic images of October 6: Right-wing mobs beating the corpses of lynched protestors.
Above: Revolutionary memorabilia for sale...
Above: Part of one of the timelines of the events at the exhibition.
24 Dec 1973 - A letter from CIA. USA faked a letter claiming that the communist party wanted to negotiate to stop shooting and the letter was sent to many newspapers. This event made the communist party come to resist the CIA and finally the CIA had to apologize.
24 April 1974 - The Council of Ramkamhaeng University restores Dr. Sak Phasuknirun back to his position. Earlier he blamed a student group who wrote an article on Tungyai case and made students force others out of school. Dr. Sak was chased out of his position by students. THat he is back upsets many students and people.
Above: The banner reads: The tanks never die if people are weak.
Above: Melding imagery from the October 6 events with present day fears. The banner reads: Globalization, transfer assets to capital, FTA, populist policies, freedom capitalism world
Above: Thaksin says: I will establish organization and foundation for society. Believe me.
Above: Another famous image from October 6--Forcing the shoe in the mouth of a lynched protester.
- 8 Years Ago: Has Thaksin really quit politics?
- 12 Years Ago: When the Nation newspaper was locked in mortal combat with Thaksin
- Revealed: Thailand’s most senior human trafficking investigator to seek political asylum in Australia
- 12 Years Ago: Purachai book ‘outrages’ TRT faithful
- 12 Years Ago: The Nation on the defensive
วันนี้เมื่อ 11 ปีที่แล้ว การป้องกันเดอะเนชั่น
- 12 Years Ago: Thai Rak Thai vows 2004 is a “golden year” for Thailand to move up on par with Singapore, Korea and Taiwan
- 10 Years Ago: As TRT falters, Chalerm sees an opportunity
- Corruption at Ratchapakdi Park: Similar cartoon from Red and Yellow cartoonists
- Weekly News Magazines, December 4-11, 2015
- The ambassador takes on lese majeste
- “You…ugly American you.. go home!!”