The March 5 anti-Thaksin rally
Returning to Sanam Luang - 12:30 am, March 6, 2006
The Nation reports: A source from PAD says the alliance will remain at Government House until 2 am before returning to Sanam Luang.
Photos of the March 5 anti-Thaksin rally
Where the action is -
12:27 am, March 6, 2006
Above is a Google Earth image of the Government House complex. Protesters are gathered around the upper right corner of the site. In the lower left corner, just out of the photo, is the Southeast Asia headquarters of the United Nations.
Sondhi addresses the crowds -
12:11 am, March 6, 2006
In what appears to be a carefully planned series of events, Sondhi, standing on a specially prepared truck, addresses the crowds assembled outside of Government House.
What is on Thai TV now? - 11:21 pm, March 5, 2006
Thai TV has been notorious for remaining silent when historic events are happening. Right now history is happening--a mob is marching on Government House with the intent to overthrow the Thaksin administration. What is Thai broadcast television showing?
Police in riot gear in front of Government House
- 11:07 pm, March 5, 2006
Rally moves to Phan Fa Bridge - 10:15pm, March 5, 2006
The Nation reports 10:15 pm: "Some 200 policemen armed with stunners and shields form barricades in the middle of the Pan Fah Bridge."
Rally at Democracy Monument - 10:12pm, March 5, 2006
Marchers reach Democracy Monument. ASTV has live online coverage here.
- Election posters: Looking at you
- The last time a coup leader became PM after a return to democracy
- We really care about Thaksin
- Several parties, same owner
- Election posters: End the economic crisis
- Election poster pollution
- Election posters: Pheu Thai’s heart is people
- Why do Thai people always smile?
- Election posters: Take action, be clear
- More jokes about Yingluck
- Election posters: Stopping, Cleansing, Destroying