‘Obsolete’ Thai Weather Radar Blamed for Failure to Predict Rain Severity – Bloomberg, December 7, 2011
[Thanks to Mud for pointing this out.]
…Requests from Thailand’s Meteorological Department for a 4 billion baht ($130 million) overhaul of its radar and modeling systems have gone unheeded since 2009, deputy director-general Somchai Baimoung said. The new equipment would allow the department to more accurately forecast seasonal rains, he said, giving dam operators information needed to adjust water levels…
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- I burned the city? When?
- Student Hero
- A young girl does a better job than the PM
- Who will come crawling?
- Anti-rabies GT 200
- Talking to the snake
- The rich man is not full yet
- Thai-style Animal Protection Unit